Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Even the Kids Are Cooler in New York

In addition to all the cool stuff A posted about, this happened in NYC this weekend: A, B, and I were in a cab, going to eat at Supper. Cab is stopped in traffic, I look out and see this perfect 14/15-year-old skater kid, complete with lank shoulder-length hair, long shorts, skateboard, totally sparking up a bowl on the steps of an apartment building. I leaned over (I was in the bitch seat, obv.) and gave him the thumbs up through the window. You could see him get that feeling you get when you realize you're being watched, and then he notices us watching him and jumps up, startled, and walks very fast down the sidewalk. Traffic starts to move, we pull even with him and we yell out the window "Party on, dude!!!" and he smiles big, flashes us a cool little skater hand signal/peace sign/gang sign and keeps walking. Hopefully we taught him a valuable lesson about...something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Player Piano Party said...

It's like I blocked this from my memory, it was that good. Wow. I wonder what that kid is doing right now. God I hope it involves Cocoa Pebbles.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home