Friday, July 13, 2007

Proof of the Existence of a Benevolent God. Or Something.

In the manner of Thomas Aquinas in the Summa Theologica, I offer these several proofs:

1. My colleague H has her grandfather's fiddle, which has a RATTLESNAKE RATTLE inside it!!!!!! He used to play it at barn dances and shake it to get the rattling sound. THAT is punk as fuck.

2. After seeing P play washboard in his Cajun punk band, H wrote him this haiku:

Professor:
I was not aware
that one could shred a washboard
I stand corrected


3. At the company softball game, the pitcher of the opposing team, H&H Bail Bonds: stick thin, flowing mullet, full of body, tight baseball pants. Already smoking a cigarette while doing the "high-five the other team" thing about 5 seconds after the game ended. And my lovely colleagues IMed me first thing this morning to tell me of this joyous sight because they knew it would make my day and it did. [Late Breaking Update: He has black teeth.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home